At the end of the first season of the sitcom How I Met Your Father, which airs on Hulu, Sid and Hannah secretly tie the knot with their respective friends and families
They spent several months preparing for their various weddings before deciding that they no longer needed to postpone their wedding.
Cast members Sophie, Valentina, Charlie, Ellen and Jesse are seen at the beginning of the show’s second season congratulating the newlyweds on their wedding.
The fact that Hannah is still absent from Sid’s life, even though their relationship is healthier than ever, has viewers wondering whether or not the character played by Ashley Reyes is still a part of the show. Let us inform you about everything you need to know about the respective topic!
Also Read: How I Met Your Father Season 2: Summary, Plot, Episodes, Sid and Jesse’s Fight and More
Ashley Reyes (How I Met Your Father): Is She Ending Hannah’s Role?
Sid and Hannah’s relationship has been one of trouble after trouble in the past. Hannah moves to Los Angeles after being offered a scholarship to practice medicine. This happens when Sid has settled down in New York City and owns a bar with his best friend Jesse.
Hannah decides to go to the City of Angels now that they are convinced of the enduring love and commitment to one another. Over the course of the show’s first season, they make it a point to meet and eventually marry each other once in a while.
However, despite marrying Sid, Hannah will continue to spend time away from him as her scholarship has been extended, which she will have to spend in Los Angeles for the foreseeable future.
After the wedding, Sid and Hannah make it a priority to look for cheap airline tickets and frequent flyer programs in hopes of increasing the frequency of their get-togethers.
To increase her chances of such deals, Hannah even befriends Charlie’s blind date. Hannah hasn’t found a long-term answer to the problem, although she has successfully earned it.
In the fourth episode of the second season, Sid tells Hannah how much he misses her while she lives in Los Angeles. Hannah is currently absent from the show.
Sid’s comments must have raised concerns among the duo’s die-hard fans about Hannah’s absence, as well as Ashley Reye’s devotion to the show. Is Reyes’ possible departure related to her absence? let’s find out
Ashley Reyes (How I Met Your Father): As Hannah
Hannah, played by Ashley Reyes, is Sid’s wife; Despite this, she does not play a significant role in the series. The fact that Reyes joined the cast of Walker, an action series on The CW, to play the role of Cassie Perez must have caused How I Met Your Father viewers to worry about the actress and her future making character in the sitcom, in addition to the actress’ limited screen time.
So far, however, neither Hulu nor Ashley Reyes have said a word about the actress’ departure from the series they both co-wrote. Prior to the start of season two, Reyes had made it clear that Hannah and Sid would continue their long-distance relationship.
“Yes, I will be there again!” “Since [Hannah and Sid] I just got married, I will still be a married woman, but I will be in a long-distance relationship,” the actress said in an interview with TVLine.
Given what Reyes has said, it’s very obvious that Hannah won’t be relocating permanently to New York City, which serves as the main location for the sitcom. Therefore, it’s possible that we shouldn’t expect the actress to appear in every single episode of the series.
There is a possibility that Reyes’ Hannah will continue to visit Sid occasionally, as she does in the first season. Hannah may not be returning to New York City permanently anytime soon, as there are no signs that her fellowship will end anytime soon.
Despite this, Hannah may still play a large part in the season’s plot, although her absence affords the writers an opportunity to explore the difficulties involved in maintaining a long-distance relationship.
With all of this in mind and possible outcomes, we think it’s highly likely that Reyes will continue to appear in episodes of How I Met Your Mother, but only in a recurring capacity. Those who are fans of the actress can watch the show “Walker”, in which Reyes plays a significant role as a member of the main cast of the show.
Also Read: Lakeisha Graham: Serena and Venus Williams’ Stepmom, Rumors, Bio, Wiki, Age, Career and More
How I Met Your Father: Storyline
The new season of How I Met Your Father follows Sophie (Hilary Duff), a mother who reminisces about the time she first met his father. The show will follow the format of the previous series, which featured flashbacks and narrated voiceovers.
Flashback to 2021 as Sophie and her friends figure out their future, figure out who they are and navigate the world of dating – including dating apps – around town, the spin-off will be set in New York City ( but filmed in Los Angeles), just like its predecessor. However, the spinoff will be filmed in Los Angeles.
In addition to her role as producer, Duff will be part of the show’s production team, led by HIMYM creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, along with Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger (This Is Us; Love, Viktor).
Duff has revealed to Cagle that she’s most looking forward to meeting her new TV family. She’s also excited to see how Sophie will develop over the course of the series and has hinted that she will have many potential partners to choose from. She said that “there are so many opportunities for love stories with this program because it’s Sophie and then three guys.”
“There are so many opportunities for love stories with this show.” “So it’s all down the rabbit hole, who was the one and who was the dad and so on and so on,” she said. And you can experience everything that Sophie’s young life has to offer, from finding love to dating, and learn what it’s like in today’s world.
Ashley Reyes (How I Met Your Father): Dinner Date
Ashley Reyes enjoyed her dinner date with her partner.
How I Met Your Father: Cast
- Shortly after it was announced that Duff would be playing the lead role of Sophie in early May, Deadline announced on June 16 that actor Chris Lowell would be starring alongside her in the film. Lowell will play Sophie’s boyfriend Jesse in the upcoming season of GLOW on Netflix.
- Jesse is a sharp and edgy person who has a cynical attitude towards love. Lowell’s previous roles include Promising Young Woman and GLOW. Jesse is a musician who dreams of making it big, but for now he’s supporting himself by driving for Uber.
- Cattrall announced on Instagram on November 5 that she would be joining the cast of HIMYF. The news was first reported by Variety, which stated that “Cattrall would be returning as a future version of Sophie [Duff’s character].”
- Also, Francia Raisa, who stars in the TV series Grown-ish, has been cast to play Valentina, an aspiring stylist who lives with Sophie. When Sophie is sad, she relies on Valentina to give her positive reinforcement, as she is “impulsive and adventurous,” as described by The Hollywood Reporter.
- She had just returned from London Fashion Week with Charlie, an aspiring British model portrayed by The Royals actor Tom Ainsley, who she fell in love with while they were there. At the beginning of the series, she has just returned from the trip. Charlie is a good person, but he grew up in an upper-class bubble all his life because he was born to wealthy parents with traditional values.
- The Hollywood Reporter first explained that Charlie lives with his best mate Tom; However, the site later clarified that Charlie’s best friend and roommate’s real name is Sid, and is portrayed by God Friended Me’s Suraj Sharma. “A new bar owner [who] plays the optimist to Jesse’s pessimism,” is how Sid is portrayed in the narration.
- Tien Tran, an actor from Space Force, plays the role of Ellen, Jesse’s adopted sister. She rounds out the main cast. She just moved to New York after divorcing her husband and leaving the rural community they had lived in, a place that suited her personality better than the crowded New York clubs where her friends frequented theirs spent time.
- There’s no indication that any of HIMYM’s original cast members, such as Neil Patrick Harris, Cobie Smulders, Jason Segel, Alyson Hannigan, or Radnor, will appear in any capacity on the spin-off, whether guest-starring or even revolving around the roles repeating what they played on the original show.
- But there’s no need to worry about that as Duff has already voiced her support for her comeback, saying, “Hopefully we’ll have some great cameo performances from the original cast.”
How I Met Your Father: Release Date
The first official How I Met Your Father trailer was finally released on December 16th and tells the story of contemporary dating and all the turmoil that comes with it. Sophie, the character played by Duff, once boasted, “I’ve been on 87 Tinder dates this year.”
Cattrall also appears as an older version of Sophie, which helps fill the vacuum that SATC fans have felt for quite some time due to Cattrall’s absence. Also, Drake & Josh star Josh Peck has a cameo that’s so brief it’s easy to miss when he knocks on Sophie’s door.
The show’s first season will consist of ten episodes and will debut on Hulu on January 18, 2022. It looks like the wait will be worth it judging by Duff’s enthusiasm and this trailer.
Also Read: Chris Lowell (How I Met Your Father): Is He Leaving Jesse’s Role? Storyline, trailer and more