Gunshots at the Granada Bowl in California left one dead and two others wounded
Gunfire reportedly erupted at a bowling alley in the city of California on Saturday, killing one person and injuring two others.
Around 6 p.m. in the evening, a brawl between several people is said to have broken out at the Granada Bowl bowling alley near downtown Livermore, California.
An investigation into the California bowling alley shooting
At a press conference that evening, Livermore Police Sgt. Steve Goard announced that a 28-year-old man had been pronounced dead there. The other two victims of the shooting were treated and stabilized at the hospital. California police have not yet released their identities.
As of Saturday night, the shooter was still at large, Goard said. Regarding the victims, Goard said:
“We are not releasing the names of the victims at this time. The criminal fled. We are currently investigating potential leads. The Granada Bowl will remain closed at this time until further notice. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know.”
One victim, a 28-year-old man, has since died. Two other victims are being treated at a nearby hospital and are doing well.
At Granada Bowl a fight started at 6 o’clock. Three adult victims were struck by multiple shots fired by one of the participants, who had a gun drawn.
At this time we are not releasing the identity of the victims. We are currently investigating possible leads. As information becomes available, we will share it.
He claimed that the four men, all in their twenties, appeared to know each other. The origin of the fight was reportedly not immediately clear.
Following allegations of a gunshot at the Livermore bowling alley, posted on the Granada Bowl Facebook page.
No other injuries were reported at the California bowling alley, which often hosts birthday parties and other activities. Goard claimed the incident happened away from the bowling lanes at the back of the bar. He explained:
Although it happened separately from the birthday party, it is scary for everyone.
Joe Biden, the President, thinks American cities have become battlefields.
President Joe Biden claimed that there was an abundance of guns in the country and that many common spaces, including streets and neighborhoods as well as schools, churches, supermarkets, music festivals and nightclubs, had been turned into killing zones.
On Monday, President Joe Biden hailed the passage of the first major federal gun safety law in 30 years, noting how gun violence has turned ordinary American places into “killing fields.”
Biden called the law he signed “a significant start,” although much more needs to be done to bring down the alarming number of shootings. Biden explained at length:
“This movement needs to be energized immediately because it is our obligation to the citizens of the nation. We owe it to families in Buffalo, where a grocery store became a battlefield. We have the family to thank for that in Uvalde, where a primary school was turned into a slaughterhouse. We owe it to the families at Highland Park, where a Fourth of July parade turned into a battlefield.”
He continued, adding to what he had already said:
“We owe it to all the families here today and to all the families in this country in the last few years in our schools, houses of worship, shops, stores, music festivals, nightclubs and so many other normal places that have become killing fields,” the spokesman said.
At an event at the White House, the President saluted victims of horrific massacres like that at Columbine in Highland Park in recognition of federal gun safety measures he signed into law last month. This new law is the most significant federal law aimed at reducing gun violence since the 1994 ban on assault weapons, which went into effect in 2004.
However, the president conceded on Monday that the proposal fell far short of what he and his party had been campaigning to bring down the US’s worryingly high killing rate.