Is she under arrest? Kent woman arrested for murder of baby Jose


Sandy Fernandez is jailed on $1 million bail at King County Correctional Facility. King County prosecutors on Monday filed second-degree murder charges against a Kent woman in connection with the death of her two-year-old son.

She is accused of hitting her child, causing him significant internal injuries that led to an infection, crushing his jaw and skull and fracturing both.


According to court documents, Fernandez admitted getting “angry” at her child and punching him in the stomach before throwing him to the ground, after initially denying she had hurt him during a police interview.

Is Sandy Fernandez In Jail For Baby Jose’s Murder?

Fernandez is incarcerated in the King County Correctional Facility on $1 million bail.


According to Casey McNerthney of the King County Attorney’s Office, the bail total “represents the very depravity of the incident” as the defendant “punched her 2-year-old son multiple times in the stomach before throwing him to the floor on a wooden floor.” These attacks did my internal organs badly damaged.

At the time of death, the victim had a fractured skull, a broken jaw, and internal bleeding. According to court documents, Kent Police and the Puget Sound Regional Fire Department provided assistance at the Hometown Suites on Pacific Highway South, where Fernandez worked and lived with her son and boyfriend.


Fernandez and her boyfriend allegedly testified that the man had started vomiting the day before, according to court records. I didn’t feel awake until late at night.

Family of Sandy Fernandez heartbroken and scared

Jose’s grandparents, Shaun Earl and Jaime Bentley, claim they were unaware of the potential of Jose’s ex-partner. They were heartbroken and frightened. They allege that she and Fernandez had a strained relationship and that she banned her and their child from being involved in Jose’s life.


According to prosecutors, Fernandez confessed to punching Jose twice in the abdomen while he was being questioned. She also explained to police how stressed she had become after leaving her mother’s house, saying she just wanted to strangle her ex-boyfriend.

Prosecutors allege that Fernandez, her child and new partner Cristian Garcia lived at the Kent motel where she worked. Jose slept on a blanket on the hardwood floor.


Her case will be prosecuted on August 11th. Fernandez had not been assigned an attorney as of Monday night.

How did Baby Jones’ murder come about?

When police briefed Fernandez on the findings, she admitted to hitting her child on the ground the morning he fell ill because she was distraught from the overwork and wanted him to go back to sleep.


She originally told detectives she didn’t mean to “punch her son to the ground,” according to court records, but eventually admitted to punching him in April and the week before he died because he wouldn’t go to sleep.

According to the probable cause documentation, Fernandez called 911 on May 23 to report that her child was not breathing and was unresponsive. When medical staff arrived, they pronounced the boy dead, and the child was bruised, according to investigators.


Leave a Comment