The city of Toronto in Ontario, Canada served as the backdrop for The Way Home. Other areas of Ontario serve as proxy locations for the Hallmark show in addition to those already mentioned
Alongside Mar Vista Entertainment and Neshama Entertainment, mother-daughter duo Heather Conkie and Alexandra Clarke served as executive producers on the Heartland-created television series.
Filled with lovely people and stunning backdrops, the show is sure to bring a smile to the faces of its viewers.
The Way Home is the ideal television show for viewers looking for a feel-good story as it contains a variety of comedic, dramatic and romantic elements.
The program will take viewers on a journey of self-discovery, healing and hope that will leave them feeling encouraged and inspired by the end of the show.
Also Read: Why is Jonathan Mangum Doing the Show From Home? Is he ill?
The way home: filming location
Filming of The Way Home took place in Toronto and elsewhere in Ontario, both in Canada. The narrative of The Way Home is structured around the lives of three generations of female protagonists.
The upcoming Hallmark series The Way Home began filming in 2021. The show is an original television series set in the fictional city of Port Haven and chronicles the lives of three generations of women within the Landry family. The show is a touching family drama with a unique twist on time travel.
The episode was filmed in a variety of locations, one of which was the quaint Ontario hamlet of Uxbridge. This uplifting drama series could not have found a more appropriate filming location than this beautiful city, famed for its picturesque setting and charming small-town atmosphere.
The show had been filmed at the Roxy Theater in September and on October 13, 2022 they returned to film it again before moving on to another location.
The noise ordinance exemption for the forthcoming filming has been accepted by Uxbridge City Council; However, they suggested that production move their allocated crew parking spots from Elgin Park to the Fields of Uxbridge to limit the level of disruption to local people.
The crew decided that the Fields of Uxbridge was a better place to park their cars than Elgin Park as it was a little further from the houses meaning disruption to local residents was kept to a minimum.
Uxbridge Mayor Dave Barton advised staff to ask production to contribute to the community. Another suggestion came from Mayor Barton.
This program will go down in history as one of the most memorable Hallmark productions due to the combination of the stunning setting of Uxbridge and the uplifting story of the Landry family.
The Road Home: Release Date
The release date for The Way Home has been set for January 15, 2023. The show is designed to take viewers on a journey of self-discovery, healing and hope that will leave them feeling uplifted and inspired by the end of the experience.
The preview for the concert was revealed on December 16, 2023 and there is already excitement about it. The newest program to air on Hallmark Channel, “The Way Home,” is an intergenerational family drama set in Port Haven and focusing on three generations of women from the Landry family.
The characters of Kat Landry (played by Leigh), her daughter Alice (played by Sadie Laflamme-Snow), who is 15, and Kat’s mother, Del (played by MacDowell), are all strong, independent, and headstrong. The show is centered around them.
The storyline moves forward while Kat and Del remain estranged from one another due to events that took place twenty years ago and led to Kat’s departure from her native Port Haven.
Alice was never able to meet her grandmother and she has no idea what caused the disruption in her family.
However, when Kat’s marriage falls apart and she is fired from her job, she decides to move back in with her parents after receiving a letter from Del begging them to do so.
When they arrive at the family farm, Kat is disappointed to find that the reunion didn’t go as she planned.
They embark on an eye-opening and unexpected adventure as the three work to reconcile as a family.
They figure out how to get back together and mend their broken family dynamics in the process. The show is packed with touching moments and leaves viewers feeling uplifted and encouraged.
The Road Home: Cast
Incredible actors and actresses fill the cast of The Way Home. The television program has a total of seven main core characters throughout its duration.
Andie MacDowell plays the role of the estranged mother, Leah Pipes portrays the position of the returning daughter and Sadie Laflamme-Snow portrays the role of the teenage granddaughter who never met her grandmother.
Each member of the cast plays an important role in the play.
The show is packed with drama, romance, and comedy, making it an interesting and heartwarming watch. Other notable members of the cast include the likes of Evan Williams, Al Mukadam, and Jefferson Brown.
Also Read: Is The Series & The Watcher On Netflix Based On A Real Event?
The way home: end declared
The protagonist of The Way Home, Randy Simpkins, is a hard-working father who loves his children but often puts his career before them.
One day, as Randy and his family were getting ready to travel together, Randy got busy with other things and forgot to watch Joe, his two-year-old son. Turning around, he realizes that Joe has mysteriously vanished.
Thereafter, with the support of his community and a local rescue squad made up of police officers, Randy continues to search intensively for his son.
Along the way, he begins to lose all hope and prays to God to show him a sign that he is still alive. He even has memories of how many times he ignored his family, and he is constantly plagued by uncomfortable thoughts associated with the loss of his son.
When this happens, another saddened parent named Ed, who had previously suffered the loss of his son in a horrific accident and whose son was also named Joe, joins the search team.
Ed goes to great lengths to track down Little Joe, while the rest of the community rally behind Randy and help him find his son.
After his child died in an accident, he lost all faith in God and believes this is the only way for him to regain that faith and move on with his life.
Ed’s efforts finally pay off when he tracks down Joe and his dog deep in the woods. In the end, this very minor setback not only teaches Randy to spend time with his family about his job, but also gives Ed some much-needed rest.
The event completely changes the lives of the two men, who fought a losing battle to keep their faith.
The sequence that plays during the film’s credits also reveals that Randy’s outlook on life was completely changed by this event.
After all that happened, he devoted a lot of time to his family and even volunteered in the neighborhood. In the end, a fleeting moment of sadness is enough to make Randy realize he’s been moving in the wrong direction all along.
The Road Home: Is It Based On A True Story?
- In fact, The Way Home is a fictional account inspired by real events.
- The true story of a utility company named Randy Simpkins, whose two-year-old child disappeared down the driveway of their Carrollton home, serves as the basis for the film’s plot.
- While the rest of the family got ready for a trip, Randy stepped away from his son for a few minutes to let him ride his tricycle.
- When he came back, Joe was gone. Although everyone in the community and the cops helped him find Joe, he couldn’t stop himself from worrying about everything that could possibly go wrong.
- And given that they were surrounded by forests and swamps, Randy’s head was full of unfavorable ideas. As portrayed in the film, it was around this time that Randy began to appreciate the importance of many things in his life.
- In addition, he reflected on the many times he had neglected his family.
- Ed Walker, a retired engineer, found Joe deep in the woods more than a mile from their home. It had been nearly seven hours since Joe was reported missing.
- A few years before this tragedy, Ed himself had suffered the loss of his brother, also named Joe, who was forty years old.
- Ed still sheds tears when he sees Joe, while Randy and his wife can’t even remember what their life was like before the incident. Ed still gets emotional when he sees Joe.
- In addition, Randy expressed his gratitude for the opportunity to share his life with others and serve as inspiration during an interview.
- He also stated that he was impressed by the fact that God chose to use him and his family as an example to teach other people something worthwhile.
- The second chance Randy and his family deserve has been given to them, and at this point it seems they are making the most of the opportunity.
- Not only does Randy now put his family at the top of his priority list, but he also volunteers several hours each week to repay his community for everything they’ve done for him.
- That being said, the film’s plot will be something that many parents can relate to, especially those struggling to strike a healthy balance between their personal and professional lives at the same time.
- Presenting a compelling and powerful story of hope, the film serves as a timely reminder that there is life beyond one’s career and that one should be eternally grateful for the opportunity to experience it.
Also Read: Wednesday Season 1: Find Out About Addams’ Dresses and Shoes on the Show