Who is Mary Margaret husband J. Michael Farren? Does the lawyer have a daughter?

Attorney Mary Margaret Scharf Farren practices law in Washington, DC for the prestigious firm of Skadden, Arps.

On May 3, 1997, in Washington, DC, she married J. Michael Farren, a former American attorney who served as Assistant Counsel to the White House in the Office of Attorneys.

Michael served under George HW Bush from 1989 to 1992 as Director of the International Trade Administration and Undersecretary for International Trade at the Department of Commerce.

Her ex-husband is currently serving a 15-year sentence for the attempted murder of his then-wife.

J Michael Farren

Who is J. Michael Farren, Mary Margaret’s husband?

Elizabeth and Joseph Farren gave birth to J. Michael Farren. The Captain of the Police Department in Naugatuck, Connecticut, was his father.

From 1968 to 1971 he was a salesman at Breen’s Inc. in Naugatuck, Connecticut. In Naugatuck he worked in 1972 and 1973 as a laborer for the Currier Electric Company. In 1973 he was hired by the New Haven Register as a neighborhood reporter in New Haven, Connecticut.

J. Michael headed the Office of Business Liaison at the US Department of Commerce from 1983 to 1985.

In 1985, the former attorney was appointed Counsel to the United States Secretary of Commerce. From 1985 to 1988 he served as Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce of the International Trade Administration.

He also served as an adviser to the Republican National Committee after serving as Assistant Undersecretary for Commerce of the International Trade Administration in 1988. He also served as an associate with the law firm of Wiggin & Dana in New Haven and later as a consultant to the United States Secretary of Commerce.

He was arrested on January 6, 2010 and charged with attempting to kill his wife, Mary Margaret. In July 2014, a jury found he had endangered a child and attempted murder.

The judge later sentenced Farren to 15 years in prison and banned him from ever seeing his two daughters.

Who is Mary Margaret’s daughter?

Mary Margaret had two daughters with her ex-husband. On January 4, 2010, Margaret served divorce papers on her husband.

She made an effort to speak to her husband about the divorce on January 6, a Wednesday. Farren, her spouse, asked for a reconciliation, but she refused because of his erratic behavior.

At this point, their two girls were seven and four months old, respectively. Mary’s youngest child is 13 years old while her eldest child is currently 19 years old.

As a single mother raising her girls, Mary appreciates her presence in her life.

Her daughters seem to be having the time of their lives with their doting mother, but she chooses to keep any information about them from the public.

    J Michael Farren
J Michael Farren

How much money does Mary Margaret have?

Mary Margaret appears to be living well thanks to her law practice, and her net worth is over $750,000.

The attorney resides in a 4,300-square-foot mansion with a swimming pool on a heavily wooded lot at 388 Wahackme Road in New Canaan, Connecticut.

With the money Margaret has made so far as a lawyer, she appears to be living in luxury. The estimated value of her current home is $4.8 million.

An American attorney typically earns around $178,000 per year.

Her ex-husband was ordered by a judge to pay $28.6 million in damages after a five-day trial in Connecticut in December 2013.

childhood and upbringing

Elizabeth and Joseph Farren of West Hartford, Connecticut are Farren’s parents. The Naugatuck, Connecticut Police Department was headed by Captain Joseph Farren.

Farren earned a bachelor’s degree from Fairfield University in Fairfield, Connecticut in 1972, a master’s degree in public policy analysis from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 1982, and a JD from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut in 1982.


From 1968 to 1971 he worked as a salesman at Breen’s Inc. in Naugatuck, Connecticut. In 1972 and 1973 he worked as a laborer for the Currier Electric Company in Naugatuck. He worked as a regional journalist for the New Haven Register in New Haven, Connecticut in 1973.

choice life

He was the 1973 Connecticut mayoral campaign coordinator. After serving as campaign manager for Congressman Ronald Sarasin from 1974 to 1977, he was a district representative. From 1977 to 1978 he was Vice-President of the Greater Waterbury Chamber of Commerce from 1978 to 1981. He served as Deputy Campaign Manager to Ronald Sarasin during the 1978 gubernatorial race. From 1981 to 1983 he served as Deputy Chairman of the Executive Assistant of the Republican National Committee and Head of White House Liaison Office 1985 Advisor to the United States Secretary of Commerce. From 1985 to 1988 he worked as Deputy Secretary of Commerce for the International Trade Administration. In 1988 he served as an advisor to the Assistant Secretary of Commerce for the International Trade Administration and is an advisor to the Republican National Committee. He also worked as an attorney for the New Haven law firm of Wiggin & Dana and later as a consultant for the US Department of Commerce.

Farren previously served at Xerox as Corporate Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary before moving to the Office of Counsel to the President under President George W. Bush. Farren was Director of the International Trade Administration and Undersecretary for International Trade at the US Department of Commerce from 1989 to 1992. During the 1988 US presidential election, he was deputy director of the transition team for former President George H. Bush. Assistant campaign manager for the Bush-Quayle reelection committee during the 1992 United States presidential election.

private life

On May 3, 1997, Farren married Mary Margaret Scharf, a fellow attorney.

Arrested for attempting to kill a spouse

At her home in New Canaan, Connecticut, Mary Margaret Farren was allegedly strangled on January 6, 2010 and attempted to be killed by Farren. His wife was attacked while their two girls, aged 7 and 4 months at the time, were there.

According to a Greenwich Time article, Farren was held for six months after his arrest before receiving $750,000 bail and being admitted to a Connecticut psychiatric hospital. After leaving the facility, he received a tracking device and moved in with his sister in West Hartford, Connecticut, where he grew up.

Farren was granted permission to represent himself in court and plead the defense of insanity in April 2013.

After a five-day trial in Connecticut in December 2013, a jury found Farren guilty of attempted murder and awarded his ex-wife $28.6 million in damages. Only after 90 minutes of deliberation did the jury find Farren guilty.

A jury found Farren guilty in July 2014 of attempted murder, first-degree assault and endangering a child. He must never again communicate with his two daughters, the judge ruled. He later received a 15-year prison sentence.

A former White House attorney was found guilty on Friday of attempted murder and other charges under the two Bush administrations in connection with the beating of his wife at their Connecticut home four years ago.

John Michael Farren, 61, a former general counsel for Xerox Corporation, was given permission to sit out his trial after claiming he couldn’t handle the pressure.

However, he was present when the jury found the defendants guilty of attempted murder, first-degree assault and endangerment of a child on Friday.

In January 2010, authorities alleged that Farren attacked Mary Margaret Farren with a metal flashlight and choked her until she passed out in her lavish New Canaan home.

She and her two little girls were able to escape from the house.

According to officials, the attack happened two days after she presented him with the divorce papers.

Farren has denied the seriousness of the allegations

He also attempted to invoke a psychic defense, but the judge denied it.

If sentenced on September 11, he could face up to 50 years in prison.

The verdicts were announced on the second day of jury deliberations after three days of testimony in Stamford Superior Court this week.

Mary Margaret Farren, who was attacked and sustained various injuries including broken cheekbones and jawbones, testified Monday, according to News 12 Connecticut.

She claimed the attacker was on top of her and crushed her neck, choked her and banged her head on the ground.

She secured a $28.6 million civil lawsuit against her ex-husband for her damages.

When Farren was appointed Assistant White House Counsel in 2007 during George W. Bush’s second term in office, he was General Counsel at Xerox.

Under Bush’s father, President George HW Bush, he was Under Secretary of Commerce for Global Trade.

He also served as assistant manager of Elder Bush’s 1992 reelection campaign and assistant director of the 1989 transition team.

Arest pentru tentativă de crimă a soției

Farren a fost arestat pe 6 januarie 2010 și acuzat de strangulare și tentativă de ucidere a soției sale, Mary Margaret Farren, la New Canaan, Connecticut Acasă. La momentul atacului său asupra soției sale, cele două fiice ale acestora aveau 7 ani și 4 luni.

După arestare, Farren a petrecut șase luni în închisoare înainte de a plăti o garanție de 750,000 de dolari și de a se verifica într-o unitate psihiatrică din Connecticut, potrivit unui articol din Greenwich Time.

După ce a fost eliberat din unitate, a fost echipat cu un dispozitiv de urmărire și a plecat să locuască cu sora sa in oraşul său natal, West Hartford, Connecticut.

In April 2013, lui Farren I sa acordat permisiunea de an acționa ca propriul său avocat și de a prezenta o apărare a nebuniei.

Duplicate un proces de cinci zile al juriului din Connecticut, în December 2013, Farren a primit ordinul juriului de a plăti fostei sale soții 28.6 milioane de dolari despăgubiri pentru încercarea de an o ucide.

Juraţii au deliberat doar 90 de minute inainte de al răspunde pe Farren.

În July 2014, un juriu la găsit pe Farren vinovat de tentativă de crimă, atac de gradul I și risc de rănire an unui copil. Contact Judecătorul an ordonat să nu mai aiba niciodată cu cele două fiice ale sale. Ulterior a first condamnat la 15 ani de inchisoare.